Please rest assured that all of Spicely Organics products are Certified Gluten Free (to 10 ppm gluten or less) and are under the supervision of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO). We test our products using GlutenTox Pro.
If you received a positive result on your Nima Sensor, here are some possible causes-
- Because the ingredients are dry, Nima Sensor recommends you add a few drops of water to the spices before sealing the test capsule. All dry or powdery foods, such as flours, starches and spices, test more accurately in the Nima Sensor when diluted with a few drops of water.
- Spices with volatile oils (listed below) can react poorly with the gluten test and result in a false positive. This also applies to Seasoning Blends that contain spices with volatile oils.
- fennel seeds/ground (most common offender!)
- anise star
- Spices that are brightly colored and/or spicy (listed below) can cause false positives. This also applies to Seasoning Blends that contain the spices listed below.
- smoked paprika (most common offender)
- turmeric (also common offender)
- cayenne pepper
- chili crushed
If you do have further inquires, and have not already done so, please provide the following information-
- Where you purchased the item. If you purchased on Amazon or Spicely.com, please include your order #.
- The item in question
- The item's Lot #
- The items's best by date
- A picture of the issue, if applicable